Burst Pressure Test
A burst pressure test determines the pressure required to fracture a component or part. Often medical device manufacturers are interested in the pressure required to fracture their part. . The Isaac HD leak tester can be configured for pressure decay, mass flow and burst pressure testing all in a single unit. Mitigate your expenses, by buying an off the shelf solution ensuring quality and consistency.
Here’s how it works:
1. The product is attached to the test port and the test sequence is initiated.
2. The Test step, pressurizes the part with regulated air through a needle valve or a programmable electronic regulator.
3. During the Test step the ramp rate of pressure is measured by the Isaac’s pressure sensor.
4. When a burst occurs a small drop in the ramp rate occurs triggering the burst event. The pressure is recorded and compared to limits for pass or fail.
5. The remaining pressure is Vented for safety.
To learn more about burst pressure testing visit our Downloads page.
To learn more about our products visit our leak testers page!